Nolen Racing is proud of its driver lineup:
Driver of the Nolen Racing #20 USAC Silver Crown car.
Driver of Nolen Racing #4 asphalt sprint car at Little 500.
Born: March 3, 1988 in Kingsburg, Calif.
Current Residence: Zionsville, Ind.
Marital Status: Married to Jordan, who is also his spotter; two sons, Trevor and Adam.
Full-time Job: Assistant project manager at Alt & Witzig Engineering
Education: Was graduated magna cum laude and was a President's Honor Scholar at California State University, Fresno. Also valedictorian of Kingsburg High School in Kingsburg, Calif. American FFA Degree Recipient
Web site: KodySwansonRacing.com
Facebook: @SwansonBrothersTKMotorsports and @KodySwanson
* Winningest driver in USAC Silver Crown history. Set the all-time Silver Crown record with his 24th victory in August 2018 at Salem (Ind.) Speedway, breaking the legendary Jack Hewitt's record. By the end of the 2019 season he had 29 USAC Silver Crown victories, the most of any driver ever.
* Five-time USAC Silver Crown champion (2019, 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014).
* Won five USAC Silver Crown races in 2019 (Memphis March 23, Toledo April 27, Madison June 28, Salem Aug. 10 and the Sept. 7 race at Lucas Oil Raceway). He led every single lap of three of those races (Toledo, Salem and Lucas Oil Raceway). He had a total of eight top-five finishes. He won five poles, set five fastest race laps, and set a new track record at Madison in 2019.
* Won his third Little 500 asphalt sprint car race and second for Nolen Racing in 2019. In the 2019 race he and teammate Shane Hollingsworth led an unprecedented 499 of the 500 laps!
* Posted the most USAC Silver Crown victories in a row with five in 2018. (Incidentally, that mark was ended with Chris Windom's victory at Springfield in a Nolen Racing car.) Swanson's 2018 USAC Silver Crown victories were at Toledo Speedway May 4; the prestigious Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis on May 24; Lucas Oil Raceway in Brownsburg, Ind. on May 25; Madison Int'l Speedway in Oregon, Wis. on June 29 and Salem (Ind.) Speedway on Aug. 11.
* He won four USAC Silver Crown races in 2017: the Carb Night Classic, the Horn/Schindler Memorial, the James/O’Connor Memorial, and the Ted Horn 100.
*Except for one year, he’s finished in the top five in Silver Crown points for the last 11 years, or every year since 2009, when he won the division’s Rookie of the Year honors.
* Gave Nolen Racing its first Pay Less Little 500 victory when he won it in 2018. This race, held at Anderson (Ind.) Speedway, is the most prestigious asphalt sprint car race in the world. It also marked three wins in one weekend for Swanson, as he won the Hoosier Hundred USAC Silver Crown race on the dirt on Thursday at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, the USAC Silver Crown race at Lucas Oil Raceway in Brownsburg, Ind. on Friday, and the Little 500 on Saturday.
* Swanson also won the Little 500 with another team in 2016, and he also was the Tony Elliott Classic winner that year.
* He won the biggest sprint car race in his native California in 2010, as he was the Turkey Night winner that year. He was the USAC Western sprint car champion and Rookie of the Year in 2006.
* He got his start in the sport in micro sprints and mini sprints, and immediately excelled.
* More of his accomplishments can be found on kodyswansonracing.com.
Our pit crew:
The late Gene Nolen, Greenwood, Ind., Founder.
Winner of USAC's Robbie Stanley Award
2010 Inductee into the Little 500 Hall of Fame
Greg Nolen, Greenwood, Ind., team owner.
Bill Tranter, Franklin, Ind., engines.
Kevin Noblitt, Columbus, Ind., tires and prep work.
Rick Laughlin, Whiteland, Ind., prep/maintenance.
Rich Winings, Dayton, Ohio, tires.
Dale Latty, Fishers, Ind., trackside assistance.
George Lynam, Indianapolis, parts specialist.
Ben Phillips, Plainfield, Ind.
Chris Phillips, Martinsville, Ind.
Ryan Roberts, Avon, Ind.
Luke Harbison, Fishers, Ind.
Driver of Nolen Racing #20 asphalt sprint car
at Little 500.
Born: Aug. 28, 1984 in Indianapolis, Ind.
Current Residence: Lafayette, Ind.
Marital Status: Married
Full-time Job: Regional sales manager at Fairfield Manufacturing, Lafayette, Ind.
Education: Earned Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in 2007.
Of Note: Favorite track is Gas City. Favorite event is Little 500.
Social Media: None
* Completely dominated the Hoosier Hundred USAC Silver Crown race at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in 2009.
* Finished third in the Little 500 asphalt sprint car race at Anderson Speedway in 2011 and 2018, and fourth in 2019. Together with teammate Kody Swanson, the pair led 499 of the race's 500 laps in 2019!
* Lincoln Park Speedway sprint car champion in 2010.
* Named "Most Improved Driver" in USAC Silver Crown division in 2008.
Kody Swanson (left) and the late Gene Nolen (right) pose with the 2018 Pay Less Little 500 trophy on display at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. (Chris Gardner photo)
Nolen Racing founder Gene Nolen receives the Emma and Joie Ray Award for Courage at the Hoosier Auto Racing Fans (HARF) banquet Jan. 26, 2020 in Brownsburg, Ind. (Susannah Stapp photo)